- This event has passed.
Mercy Health Runners Symposium
January 26, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm EST
Join us for the 2019 Mercy Health Runner’s Symposium. Enjoy an afternoon with running community members and listen to experts provide helpful running tips. Information will help runners at any level – from beginners to those who are working on their next big race – and all ages.
You’ll learn how to achieve your running goals, including how to avoid injuries and the importance of maintaining an active schedule. You’ll discover running strategies based on evidence, best practices and experience that integrates anatomy, physiology and injury prevention. You’ll also learn when and how to reach out to professionals when you need them. The Symposium will include with three interactive breakout sessions that will have an immediate impact on your running success.
- Dr. Nicholas A. Early, board-eligible orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery highlights articular cartilage defects and running
- Kerry Lee, 2017 Female Flying Pig Winner, shares her experiences as a runner and coach
- Eric Hunziker, accomplished Ultramarathoner and coach, provides information about training mistakes
- Ashley Meuser, registered and licensed dietitian, will give helpful tips on diet and hydration leading up to a race day
- John Cappella, 2019 Flying Pig Marathon Race Director, offers you a unique perspective into your Flying Pig, race day experience
- Mercy Health Physical Therapists specialized in the running athlete lead interactive breakout sessions on flexibility, cadence training, and hip activation
NEW THIS YEAR! The event will conclude with a panel of experts in the field including accomplished runners and health care professionals to answer your questions.
You are invited to visit participating vendors to get information on the latest running technology and products. A number of door prizes will be raffled off, including your choice of individual entry into any of the 2019 Flying Pig Marathon races!
REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN begins at 12:30pm
SYMPOSIUM is from 1:00pm – 4:30pm