Official Sponsor of the Flying Pig
Have you been dreaming about flying with the pigs in downtown Cincinnati, finishing a half marathon, or a full marathon? We can help make your dreams come true!! Join us to train for the Flying Pig Marathon and Half Marathon happening on May 5th. Our programs are designed to help get you to the finish line, but most importantly, our groups are fun. We train hard but play harder. The culture of our groups is to help and support each other. From runners to walkers, coaches to participants and store staff, we all care for one another and thrive on the success of each and every one of our group members. People who train with us make friends for life!
Heart Mini Marathon Training too!
As a proud sponsor of the Heart Mini Marathon (American Heart Association), our program will not only get you ready for the Flying Pig, it will also have you prepared for Heart Mini weekend as well. Whether you are doing the Heart Mini 15K or the Heart Mini Half Marathon, our Spring training program will have you ready to go!
Our Spring program
We will have training programs out of both locations: Edgewood, KY and Mariemont, OH with many different pace groups for runners, interval runners, and walkers.
Training Group Details
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
- Training will begin Wednesday January 2, 2019
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
- Training will begin Wednesday, January 2, 2019 due to holiday, then moving back to Tuesday on the 8th
The cost of the half and full training group programs is $114.
Our program is a mixture of long runs, recovery runs, speed work, races and hill repeats. Not only will you finish the race, we will help you get faster. Not interested in speed or hill repeats, no problem – we will adjust workouts to meet individual needs.
Training Program Benefits
- 3 weekly run options for you that are fully supported with routes and refueling stations.
- Pace Group Coaches leading you each run who are committed to your success.
- A wide range of pace groups to join that include run, run/walk and walk only.
- A 17 Week Training Plan for you to follow that includes practice races.
- Intervals, Hills and Tempo Runs included in the plan to increase your overall strength.
- 11 Post Run Beer and Happy Hours to celebrate your achievements with the help of Little Miami Brewing Company!
- Tri-State Running Company Tech Shirt along with a pair of running socks.
- Picnic celebration after the 22/12 mile training run – celebrate the TAPER!
- Pasta Party to carb load before the Flying Pig weekend!
- Race Day support with coaches on the course.
- Tri-State Running Company cheer zones along the course to provide motivation.
- A supervised area for you to leave personal belongings during your race.
- Post-race celebration at the Tri-State Running Company tents with beverages, treats, and more!
- Weekly email newsletters to keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings that are just for Training Group members such as vendor demo runs, just-for-members shopping nights, and exclusive cross training opportunities.
- Dedicated Facebook page just for our Training Group Members.
- Clinics & Free Injury Screenings to keep your strong & healthy as you reach your goal with certified specialists in the Cincy & NKY area.
We know that life happens. Participants have three
workout options each week to choose from. If you are unable to make a
Tuesday workout in Mariemont, come to Edgewood and join on Wednesday
evening or vice versa. Group runs at both location are available for
participants to choose from.
If you have additional questions, email us at email@example.com or call one of our locations: Edgewood – 859-341-9999 OR Mariemont – 513-407-6441
Baby Sitting provided at both locations!
Don’t let your child disrupt your running schedule. Bring Them! On our scheduled Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday runs from the store, we will offer babysitting services. Children ages 2 to 12 are eligible. Please download and fill-out the Baby-Sitting Handbook acknowledgement page and the Emergency Contact Form prior to running with us.