Official Sponsor of the Flying Pig
Powered by New Balance and Fueled by Little Miami Brewing Company
Have you been dreaming about flying with the pigs in downtown Cincinnati, finishing a half marathon, or a full marathon? We can help make your dreams come true!! Join us to train for the Flying Pig Marathon and Half Marathon happening on Sunday May 1st, 2022. Our programs are designed to help get you to the finish line, but most importantly, our groups are fun. We train hard but play harder. The culture of our groups is to help and support each other. From runners to walkers, coaches to participants and store staff, we all care for one another and thrive on the success of each and every one of our group members. People who train with us make friends for life!
Heart Mini Marathon Training too!
As a proud sponsor of the Heart Mini Marathon (American Heart Association), our program will not only get you ready for the Flying Pig, it will also have you prepared for Heart Mini weekend as well. Whether you are doing the Heart Mini 15K or the Heart Mini Half Marathon, our Spring training program will have you ready to go!
Our Spring program
We will have training programs out of our Edgewood, KY and Mariemont, OH locations, with many different pace groups, including interval runners, and walkers.
Training Group Details
- Wednesday Evenings at 6:30pm
- Saturday Mornings at 7:30am
- Training will begin Wednesday, January 5th
- Optional run Tuesday’s 6:30pm at Wooden Cask Brewery. Attendance also earns you rewards throughout the season.
- Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm
- Saturday mornings at 7:30am
- Training will begin Tuesday, January 4th
- Optional run Thursday’s 6:30pm at Little Miami Brewing Company Attendance also earns you rewards throughout the season.
Our program is a mixture of long runs, recovery runs, speed work, races and hill repeats. Not only will you finish the race, we will help you get faster. Not interested in speed or hill repeats, no problem – we will adjust workouts to meet individual needs.
Training Program Benefits
- 3 weekly run options for you that are fully supported with routes.
- Pace Group Coaches leading you each run who are committed to your success.
- A wide range of pace groups to join that include run, run/walk and walk only.
- A 17 Week Training Plan for you to follow that includes practice races.
- Intervals, Hills and Tempo Runs included in the plan to increase your overall strength.
- Post Run Beer and Happy Hours to celebrate your achievements with the help of Little Miami Brewing Company!
- Tri-State Running Company Tech Shirt along with a pair of running socks.
- Picnic celebration after the 22/12 mile training run – celebrate the TAPER!
- Pasta Party to carb load before the Flying Pig weekend!
- Race Day support with coaches on the course.
- Tri-State Running Company cheer zones along the course to provide motivation.
- A supervised area for you to leave personal belongings during your race.
- Post-race celebration at the Tri-State Running Company tents with beverages, treats, and more!
- Weekly email newsletters to keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings that are just for Training Group members such as vendor demo runs, just-for-members shopping nights, and exclusive cross training opportunities.
- Dedicated Facebook page just for our Training Group Members.
- Clinics & Free Injury Screenings to keep your strong & healthy as you reach your goal with certified specialists in the Cincy & NKY area.
We know that life happens. Participants have three workout options each week to choose from. If you are unable to make a Tuesday workout in Mariemont, come to Edgewood and join on Wednesday evening or vice versa. Group runs at both location are available for participants to choose from.
You can sign up in-store for $125
You can sign up through Eventbrite using the link below for $135 (Includes Eventbrite fees).
If you have additional questions, email us at traini[email protected] or call one of our locations: Edgewood – 859-341-9999 OR Mariemont – 513-407-6441
Training Group Sponsors
Little Miami Brewing Company We work hard and play harder! Locally owned and operated in Milford, they take great pride in brewing some of the best beer in Cincinnati. Join us every Thursday night from their Brew Pub and stick around afterwards for food and drinks. Not to mention they provide the best beer at our post-race Flying Pig Party!
Mount Lookout Chiropractic The official sports medicine partner of Tri-State Running Company Mariemont. They provide personalized care utilizing cutting edge chiropractic treatment, integrated with physical therapy/rehabilitation, acupuncture and nutrition.
New Balance Committed to the Cincinnati running community, our friends from New Balance are our official footwear and apparel sponsor!
Oxford Physical Therapy: The official sports medicine provider of Tri-State Running Company Edgewood. With offices located throughout Northern Kentucky, including: Crestview Hills, Florence, Independence and Dry Ridge, Oxford Physical Therapy Centers lead in musculoskeletal healthcare by serving, rehabilitating, and caring for the total patient and athlete. Patients receive a free initial consultations at any of their centers. At Oxford Physical Therapy, you may receive physical therapy without a doctor’s prescription. They are true community partners.