Have you been dreaming about flying with the pigs in downtown Cincinnati, finishing a half marathon, or a full marathon? We can help make your dreams come true! Join us to train for the 25th Flying Pig Marathon and Half Marathon happening on Sunday May 7, 2023. Our programs are designed to help get you to the finish line, but most importantly, our groups are fun. We train hard but play harder. The culture of our groups is to help and support each other. From runners to walkers, coaches to participants and store staff, we all care for one another and thrive on the success of each and every one of our group members. People who train with us make friends for life!
Heart Mini Marathon Training too!
As a proud sponsor of the Heart Mini Marathon (American Heart Association), our program will not only get you ready for the Flying Pig, but it will also have you prepared for the Heart Mini weekend as well. Whether you are doing the Heart Mini 15K or the Heart Mini Half Marathon, our Spring training program will have you ready to go!
Our Spring Program
We will have training programs out of our Edgewood, KY and Mariemont, OH locations, with many different pace groups, including interval runners, and walkers.
Training Group Details
- Wednesday Evenings at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday Mornings at 7:30 a.m.
- Training will begin Wednesday, January 4.
- Optional run Tuesday’s 6:30 p.m. at Wooden Cask Brewery. Attendance also earns you rewards throughout the season.
- Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday mornings at 7:30 a.m.
- Training will begin Tuesday, January 3.
- Optional run Thursday’s 6:30 p.m. at Little Miami Brewing Company. Attendance also earns you rewards throughout the season.
Our program is a mixture of long runs, recovery runs, speed work, races, and hill repeats. Not only will you finish the race, but we will also help you get faster. Not interested in speed work, no problem – we will adjust workouts to meet individual needs.
Training Program Benefits
- 3 weekly run options for you that are fully supported with routes.
- Pace Group Coaches leading you each run who are committed to your success.
- A wide range of pace groups to join that include run, run/walk, and walk only.
- An 18 Week Training Plan for you to follow that includes practice races.
- Intervals, Hills, and Tempo Runs included in the plan to increase your overall strength.
- Tri-State Running Company Tech Shirt along with a pair of running socks.
- Picnic celebration after the 22/13-mile training run – celebrate the TAPER!
- Pasta Party to carb load before the Flying Pig weekend!
- Race Day support with coaches on the course.
- Tri-State Running Company cheer zones along the course to provide motivation.
- A supervised area for you to leave personal belongings during your race.
- Post-race celebration at the Tri-State Running Company tents with beverages, treats, and more!
- Weekly email newsletters to keep you up to date on the latest happenings that are just for Training Group members such as vendor demo runs, just-for-members shopping nights, and exclusive cross training opportunities.
- Dedicated Facebook page just for our Training Group Members.
- Clinics & Free Injury Screenings to keep you strong & healthy as you reach your goals with certified specialists in the Cincy & NKY area.
We know that life happens. Participants have three workout options each week to choose from. If you are unable to make a Tuesday workout in Mariemont, come to Edgewood and join on Wednesday evening or vice versa. Group runs at both locations are available for participants to choose from.
The cost to join is $125, and you can sign up in-store, or click the link below to register online.
Training Group Sponsors
Little Miami Brewing Company We work hard and play harder! Locally owned and operated in Milford, they take great pride in brewing some of the best beer in Cincinnati. Join us every Thursday night from their Brew Pub and stick around afterwards for food and drinks. Not to mention they provide the best beer at our post-race Flying Pig Party!
Mount Lookout Chiropractic The official sports medicine partner of Tri-State Running Company Mariemont. They provide personalized care utilizing cutting edge chiropractic treatment, integrated with physical therapy/rehabilitation, acupuncture, and nutrition.
Oxford Physical Therapy: The official sports medicine provider of Tri-State Running Company Edgewood. With offices located throughout Northern Kentucky, including: Crestview Hills, Florence, Independence and Dry Ridge, Oxford Physical Therapy Centers lead in musculoskeletal healthcare by serving, rehabilitating, and caring for the total patient and athlete. Patients receive a free initial consultations at any of their centers. At Oxford Physical Therapy, you may receive physical therapy without a doctor’s prescription. They are true community partners.
Swiftwick is the official sock sponsor of all our training groups. Swiftwick was started in 2008 when an athlete saw the need for USA made high-performance socks with superior moisture-wicking and incredible fit. Today, based out of Nashville, TN, they are an international brand developing socks for all of your adventures. Swiftwick has generously outfitted all our training group members with a pair of socks this training season.