Whether you want to run a 5K and don’t know where to start or you used to run and are trying to ease back into it, we are here to help! Our beginning program (Couch to 5K) is designed to take participants through a run/walk program until they can ultimately build up to running a full 5K. We also offer a walk only training program to help get you moving! Due to COVID-19, we have added new safety precautions and protocols to help keep you safe.
Our goal race this year is the City of Edgewood/Tri-State Running Company 5K on July, 3rd.
Monday, May 10th
Edgewood, KY 148 Barnwood Dr., Edgewood, KY 41017
Training runs will be:
- Mondays at 6:30 PM
- Thursdays at 6:30 PM
The cost for the 5K training program is $50.
Our program is open to people of all abilities! If you are getting back into running, want to begin running, or want to just get off the couch and walk, we have a group for you.
Training Schedules: Will be shared in closed Facebook group
Training Program Benefits:
- Race Day support
- Pre- and Post-Race meeting area – a supervised spot to leave personal belongings.
- Post-race celebration at the Tri-State Running Company tents with beverages, treats, and more!
- A happy hour to celebrate how far you’ve come in training
- Exclusive shopping opportunities
- A Tri-State Running Company logo tech shirt
- Weekly emails to keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings for the group and in-store!
- Dedicated Facebook page
- Training routes
COVID-19 Precautions and Protocols
With the pandemic still looming we are introducing procedures to ensure we follow all safety guidelines. We are confident that these changes will not negatively impact your running experience.
- For the time being, we will not be providing water stops on the runs. We recommend that you carry your own hand-held water bottle or hydration vest.
- Mask wearing will be required during the pre-run meeting, while inside the store, and anytime you are not able to maintain proper social distancing. Runners can remove them while actively running but are encouraged to carry them and utilize as needed.
- We will provide key buckets and will have disinfecting wipes available to eliminate any germs and cross contamination. Please consider detaching your car key and keeping it with you.
- Meeting locations will be outside of the store for social distance purposes. We recommend waiting in your car if you arrive early.
You can sign up online – TSRC couch to 5K training – or in-store.
If you have any questions please call: Edgewood – 859-341-9999 or email: [email protected]