- This event has passed.
The Kroger Honoring Our Heroes Virtual 5K
June 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
For many, these are times of uncertainty and fear. Now more than ever, Veterans need our support, and therefore, we are still planning the 7th annual Kroger Honoring Our Heroes 5K (HOH 5K) on June 13th. Please know the health and safety of all is of the highest importance to us, so the race is being converted to a Virtual Race. If you are in a position to still offer support to HOH5K, we welcome it. Local Veterans can still be served through contributions to organizations such as Joseph House, K9 For Warriors, Yellow Ribbon Support Center, Fischer House, USO Lounge at CVG, Order of the Purple Heart, and Tuskegee Airmen. Your support of HOH5K is still needed and is making a difference. Until we can race together again, here’s a chance to still be involved, raise money for a good cause and score some swag. Please join as you are able in any of these ACTION steps:
- REGISTER for the Virtual HOH5K Run/Walk or Kid’s Fun Run. Enter the event in which you plan to participate – Virtual Run/Walk or Kid’s Fun Run. When you sign-up as a virtual runner/walker, you’ll get your HOH5K t-shirt and maybe even some other goodies! The registration fee for the virtual race and a t-shirt is only $20. Deadline to register is 11:59 p.m. on May 25 to be guaranteed a t-shirt. Registration is open through June 12.
- REGISTER young ones for the Virtual Kid’s Fun Run for kids 10 years of age and younger or those with special needs. The distance ran is determined by the parent and should be appropriate to the age and abilities of the child. Fun Run participants are free (with an adult registration), but you must register so we know where to send your medal!
Click Here for HOH5K REGISTRATION
- Become a SPONSOR or encourage your employer to do so. Sponsorship at any level is welcome.
For HOH5K SPONSOR OPPORTUNITIES, please contact [email protected]
- INVITE others to register, sponsor, support in some way.
Because of YOU:
- We have raised more than $140,000 to benefit America’s Veterans since our inception.
- 35,000 lbs. of food items and give-ways have been collected and provided to Recipient organizations and race participants.
- In 2019, Food Story Brands sponsorship of the HOH5K provided a Warrior Homesteads tiny home to a local deserving Veteran.
- Funds raised through sponsor support in 2018 allowed the HOH5K to provide an adaptive bicycle to a wounded Veteran through The Independence Fund.
- In partnership with 2016 sponsor Fountain of Health, the HOH5K donated a care-providing dog to a Veteran through Friends in Service of Heroes (FISH).
Upload your virtual race results using the Race Roster Virtual Race results upload tool on the Website.
Email your HOH5K virtual race photos to [email protected] and we will upload photos to the HOH5K Facebook page. Post to our Instagram @honoring_our_heroes_5k.
We are a strictly volunteer-run organization, so all profits go directly toward our mission. TOGETHER, we are truly making a difference in the lives of local Veterans and their families. Please consider continuing or beginning a partnership with us for the 7th annual HOH5K (virtually) on June 13, 2020. For more information, please visit https://honoringourheroes5k.com/, email us at [email protected]
We thank you for your consideration in helping us support local Veteran organizations – especially during these trying times.