Shoe Care Tips
BREAKING THEM IN!
- Wear them around the house
- Walk around for a few days before your ﬁrst run with them
- Run shorter mileage days with them ﬁrst
- Phase them in: run one day with new shoes and one day with old shoes
- Wear same kind of socks you will be using for your long runs
- Take notes if shoes are not cooperating. Share with rep exactly the problem.
- Pay attention also to ankles, knees, hips, and back
- Still having issues? Bring the shoes back and speak to one of our reps
GETTING THE MOST MILEAGE OUT OF YOUR SHOES!
- Do Not store in cold areas like the garage or porch in winter
- Do Not store in direct sunlight
- Do Not wear them for activities other than running (i.e. tennis, soccer, etc)
- Do Not dry them in a dryer, microwave, on a hot air duct, radiator, or direct heat
- Do dry them thoroughly by taking out inserts/orthotics and stuffing newspaper in them
- Do use a fan to blow cool air over them
- Do use a gentle detergent to clean them and rinse with warm water
- Do squeeze water out of the top part of your shoe and towel dry